Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

First, I just want to say that this cover is GORGEOUS. I'm not going to lie about the fact that I may have bought the book itself solely because of the cover. But the book itself is amazing, and I highly recommend it!

We follow our two main characters, Penny and Sam. Penny is a college freshman who hoped to become a writer, and Sam is a struggling aspiring filmmaker. The two have a somewhat awkward first encounter, but exchange numbers nonetheless. The keep in constant contact through text without the awkwardness of actually having to see each other.

Like I said, I really, really liked this book. It deals with a variety of tough subjects, and I really appreciated the authentic realness of the novel. The pop culture references were really fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed the parts of the story where Penny is crafting her own novel, and the excerpts that are included. I'll link an article about Mary H.K. Choi and Emergency Contact here, as I think it's really worth checking out.

Emergency Contact is already out in stores, so you can go and pick up your copy today!


XOXO,

Isabella 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins: The Book I Am Most Conflicted About

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult: The Most Timely Book