Fall Into Fantasy Wrap-Up: EPIC Fail and 1 Review





Yeah, so the goal was to read 4 books and complete 8 challenges, and I read 1.75 books and only completed 3 of the challenges. Yikes. I'm posting this Wednesday, and I did finish the second book I was reading during the readathon yesterday, but of course it doesn't count.

On the plus size, the one book I did manage to complete was over 500 pages and I loved it. And that book was Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow, which is the sequel to Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow, which is a middle grade series. This book completed 3 challenges: Read a sequel, read a new fantasy, and read a book that is BookTube recommended. I gave Nevermoor 5/5 stars when I read it earlier this year, and I also gave Wundersmith 5/5 stars, though I can't say if I liked it more than Nevermoor.



Nevermoor is a very whimsical novel that follow our main character Morrigan Crow, who was born on the unluckiest day of the year and is therefore "cursed". She is blamed for literally anything that goes wrong in her town- bad weather, fires, kids losing spelling bees, falls, etc. Basically, anything bad that happens is universally understood to be her fault. Oh, and she's destined to die on her 11th birthday. But on her 11th birthday, a man named Jupiter North shows up and whisks Morrigan away to the secret, whimsical, magical state of Nevermoor, where Morrigan is to be Jupiter's candidate to join Nevermoor's secret society. In order to join the secret society, she must pass a variety of trials, and if she fails to do so, she will have to leave Nevermoor and return to the "real world" to face her fate.

I loved Nevermoor and I loved Wundersmith, and I highly recommend this series for readers of all ages, including adults like me. This series is a great holiday gift for middle grade readers, and if you're looking for books to give children in your family, I highly recommend this series.

So, Fall Into Fantasy was a bust for me in the sense that I only read 1 book, but I have to say I'm happy that I read a book that I love.


XOXO,

Isabella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins: The Book I Am Most Conflicted About

Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult: The Most Timely Book