Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: A New Favorite



You all know I love reading about high society. And you know how much I hated the last book about high society that I read, When We Caught Fire by Anna Godberson. But Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes? I LOVED it.

Little White Lies follows an 18-year-old girl named Sawyer who works as a mechanic. Out of the blue, her maternal grandmother shows up, offering her a six figure contract to participate in debutante season. Sawyer surprises herself by saying yes, because going to live with her grandmother will give her the opportunity to discover the biggest mystery of her life: who her father is. Sawyer is surprised to discover friendship among the South's high society, and she is surprised to be welcomed with open arms into her grandmother's uber-rich family. But sawyer discovers that many of the debutantes and their families have twisted secrets, and they are not too happy to find Sawyer digging into their pasts.

I loved everything about this book! The setting, the characters, the humor, the friendships, the "bless your hearts". This book has been described as Gilmore Girls meets Pretty Little Liars, and I have to say that is an accurate representation, although I'd put a little bit more emphasis on the Gilmore Girls part and a little less emphasis on the PLL part. I definitely got Gilmore Girls vibes while reading this, and I think this added to the charm of the book. Sawyer's mother is definitely very similar to Lorelai Gilmore, with the notable exception that Lorelai is mother of the year and Sawyer's mom is most definitely not. This is actually the first book in a series, and I am really looking forward to reading the sequel, whenever it comes out!

I hope you all pick up a copy of Little White Lies (it's out now!) and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Bless Your Heart,

Isabella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins: The Book I Am Most Conflicted About

Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult: The Most Timely Book