The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss: I Finally Read it!



I FINALLY read The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this series from people on BookTube, and when the beautiful, illustrated 10th anniversary edition came out last year, I figured it might drive me to pick up the tome. And I finally did about a year later.

And it was fantastic!

The writing, the characters, the world- everything about this book is fantastic. I'm going to hold off on reading the second book for a bit because it's a trilogy, and the second book was released in 2011, and 7 years later, the third and final book has yet to be released, and no one knows when it is going to come out. :(

For those of you who don't know, The Name of the Wind is about a man named Kvothe who became the most infamous man in the world, and he is telling his story (after the fact) to a man named Chronicler. This book has magic, folklore, music... it's an epic fantasy that is super approachable and very easy to read, especially if you're like me and don't read a lot of adult epic fantasy.

I adored this book, but it is a slow-burn. This is a super strange comparison, but I'm a figure skater, so I'm going to say it anyways. It's kind of like Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue's free dance (watch it here), which is very much a slow-burn. Watch it, and you'll see what I mean.

Anyways, I highly recommend The Name of the Wind, particularly the illustrated anniversary edition, and I look forward to reading the sequel, whenever that may be...

Rating: 5/5 stars

XOXO,

Isabella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins: The Book I Am Most Conflicted About

Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult: The Most Timely Book