Strange the Dreamer and Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor






You guys, I did it! I finally read Strange the Dreamer. And not only that, I read the sequel, Muse of Nightmares. I can't believe I waited so long to read these because I loved them so much!

With Strange the Dreamer, it's best to go in knowing simply the bare bones of the story. It's a dual perspective novel, but the second perspective will come as a bit of a surprise. Anyways, Strange the Dreamer follows Lazlo Strange, an orphan who is now a librarian. Lazlo is obsessed with a mythical city called Weep. However, Weep was not always known as Weep. When Lazlo was a little boy, the true name of the city was literally ripped from his memory, and everyone else's for that matter, and replaced with the name Weep. Lazlo is obsessed with uncovering the truth about Weep, and what kind of magic could rip a name from memory and history.

Strange the Dreamer is phenomenal! It is so whimsical and atmospheric and rich in detail. What really sets these books apart from any other is the writing. The prose is so whimsical and lyrical and beautiful, and this is evident right from the two pages that make up the prologue. Laini Taylor truly has a gift with words. You can teach someone how to be a good writer, but you can't teach someone how to write like Laini Taylor; her writing is truly a gift. It's like reading a beautiful dream.

I loved the sequel to Strange the Dreamer, Muse of Nightmares, just as much if not more. Upon completing Strange the Dreamer, I had so many questions that I needed answered and Muse of Nightmares answered every single one. Muse of Nightmares was wonderful, and by far the best conclusion to a series that I have read this year. Everything was wrapped up very nicely, but there definitely MUST be a sequel series.

If you are like me and waited forever to pick up Strange the Dreamer, wait no longer. It will blow you away!

XOXO,

Isabella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins: The Book I Am Most Conflicted About

Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult: The Most Timely Book