Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid: TJR Does it Again!




So, I actually read this book last year, but I waited to post this review closer (slightly) to the publication date. For those of you who don't know, Taylor Jenkins Reid's The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo was my favorite book of 2018, and this book was actually my third favorite of 2018. 

Is this book Evelyn Hugo? No. But it's fantastic, and I loved it so much. I can't wait to re-read it via the finished hardcover and audiobook. This book is told through interviews, so I really hope the audiobook features a full cast. Anyways. 

Daisy Jones & the Six follows a rock band of the same name that was famous in the 1970s. However, the band infamously split in 1979. No one knows why they split, and none of the band members have talked about it... until now. The book is told through interviews, and it features a ton of characters, not just the members of the band, recalling how they got together, their relationships, and of course why they split. Like Evelyn Hugo, Daisy Jones features a badass heroine and tackles a slew of issues, including addiction, sexuality, and, of course, feminism. This book is so feminist! Just to give you a taste, here's a quote from Daisy herself: "I was just supposed to be the inspiration for some man's great idea. Well, fuck that." 

Daisy Jones is TJR at her best, raw, gritty, and unapologetically feminist. And, like Evelyn Hugo, it's somewhat of a departure from her other novels, such as One True Loves and Forever Interrupted. I adored this book, and I cannot wait for you all to read it when it comes out this March! 

Oh! And did I mention that Amazon, in conjunction with Reese Witherspoon, has ordered a limited series based off this book?! There's also a Daisy Jones playlist, which you can check out here!

Daisy Jones & the Six hits shelves March 5th, 2019!

XOXO,

Isabella 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins: The Book I Am Most Conflicted About

Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult: The Most Timely Book