Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills: Country Stars and Charming Characters



I had never previously read an Emma Mills book before (but I had heard great things about her!) and I decided to pick up this one because the concept intrigued me: a girl in a small town is looking for a way to raise money to send her marching band to a parade in LA, and her small town's only claim to fame is that it is the hometown of country star Megan Pleasant. The main character, Sophie, figures a lot of money can be raised if Megan comes back to town to do a concert. The only issue? Megan has publicly sworn never to return to her hometown.

I really liked this book! It was very light and heartfelt and really focuses on family and friends. There is a really cute romance, but my favorite part of this novel had to be our main character, Sophie. Sophie is just so sweet and so kind and so inclusive. I feel like in YA so many of the main characters we read about can't really be described as nice, so it was very refreshing to read a book with a main character who was. There are also some exciting twists that I didn't see coming, and that I didn't necessarily expect to be in this book, but they really added to the story.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I didn't love it, but I really liked it. It's a very quick read, and if you are a fan of contemporary YA novels, I definitely recommend picking this book up!

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

XOXO,

Isabella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins: The Book I Am Most Conflicted About

Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult: The Most Timely Book