Finale by Stephanie Garber




I cannot believe that the final Caraval book is out in the world! This is one of my all time favorite book series, and I devoured this nearly 500 page book in two days, which is a big deal for me!

Caraval blew me away, but Legendary blew my mind, and I dare say Finale blew the previous books away, in turn. Finale was a phenomenal conclusion to an excellent series, and I am already itching to re-read it.

There are certain things about books that you love but can't quite put your finger on. With the Caraval series, the setting, the world, the lush prose, and the angsty romance are just a few things that I love that I can put my finger on. There's a whole other part to this series that I adore, though, that prior to reading Finale, I couldn't put my finger on. But now I can! It has to do with the overall vibe of the book. Stephanie herself, in a letter at the beginning of the book, says that she wanted to write a story that felt like a Baz Luhrmann movie meets a Florence + the Machine song. Both of those things are Isabella candy, but the Baz Luhrmann part made me think of Moulin Rouge!, and this entire series has kind of reminded me of that movie, and I couldn't quite place this association until reading Finale.

Obviously, I adored this book! I loved that we got both Scarlett and Tella's perspectives, as well as some new, intriguing characters, such as Esmeralda and the sisters. I also really enjoyed getting to learn more about and meet more of the fates. Finale also gives us more of Paradise/Paloma's backstory, which was really only hinted at in Legendary.

This book was fantastic, and Stephanie Garber truly has a gift with words. I can definitely say that Finale is my favorite book in the series! Although the ending of Finale was satisfying, I really hope that we will get more books set in the world of Caraval!

Rating: 5/5 Stars

XOXO,

Isabella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins: The Book I Am Most Conflicted About

Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult: The Most Timely Book